Thread: Weapon cards
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 12:15 AM

Our group does not use weapon cards, though we probably would if we could be bothered making them. What I did instead is print out loads of the magazine/ammo counters (for mags, belts etc) and got them laminated. Before a mission the pcs grab a number of mags to indicate what they are bringing along (which dictates weight etc). Bullets are marked off as they are used.

What I've found is that it's a great way for bookkeeping (which is obviously the original intention) and after a fire-fight the pcs can just cross off and rub off pencil marks to represent reloading/unloading of mags etc. Even better is an unintended consequence that the players feel more involved; they have something in their hands and they feel "cool" when they swap out a partially filled mag and shuffle it to the back of their pile.

I know for my group (who are not gun nuts) that weapon cards would be good because they don't really know what their weapons are (but what I've done is downloaded vids from youtube and I show them what it looks like firing/loading, and how big it is). Weapon cards would be good but you have to make them....

this is the pdf that I printed and laminated
http://sites.google.com/site/leonpoi...attredirects=0