Thread: Just an Idea...
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Pulling that back to T2K, it's absolutely VITAL to zero weapons the characters may stumble across. Without doing so, I'd probably assign a penalty to hit, at least until the character has had time to assess where their rounds are actually going and adjust accordingly.
I require that every weapon be properly zeroed or the shooter suffers a one Level Difficulty Shift in addition to any other modifiers for the attack.

To battlesight zero a weapon requires an EASY test of the appropriate Small Arms skill and the expenditure of 6 + 2D6 rounds of ammunition. If the characters have access to a laser boresighter (S/S $30 in my MERC campaign), they may zero in 2 to 6 (2D3) rounds expended.
The characters may also use the laser boresight to "mechanically zero" a rifle (which will bring the weapon's sights in line with the bore) WITHOUT firing any rounds. A rifle set to mechanical zero will have a penalty on To Hit rolls of from 0 to -2 (1D3 -1) for a given shooter. Each shooter rolls for their own individual penalty since they will all have different "battlesight zeros."