View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 01:03 PM
The Stat Guy

Just as an aside, there's an interesting new theory that ambidextrous people were twins early in development (early embryonic stages) that merged back into one person. Which would explain why they are so rare.

A long time ago when I was playing D&D, we would still give ambidextrous PCs and NPCs a "good hand" and a "better hand" -- which is the way it usually works out with actual ambidextrous people (we had one in out playing group). And the person still has to keep up with what both hands are doing -- the brain is really going at high revs when fighting with both hands (she was also an SCA member), and it can still get confusing. The fix we had was to simply halve the normal penalties for fighting with two hands.

That said, I don't have any idea of what the normal penalties for fighting with two hands in T2K terms. I'll let someone work with the info I gave above...

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com