View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester
Per Chalkie's idea of a rear area. I wrote a campaign though never played where the PCs after making it to freindly lines were allowed to a recreation and relaxation area.
I wrote a short story set in Bremerhaven in November of 2000 and based on events involving Major Po's unit. That period in my campaign was certainly a change of pace, the PCs' usual rates of killing and miscellaneous atrocities declined sharply. The weeks the PCs were in Krakow was a similarly subdued interlude, until the hunger for slaughter and mahem overcame Po's warband and they departed Krakow in a hail of heavy ordnance.

Quote:
That reminds me, why does the campaign have to be centered soley around combat? I know when we played T2K and D&D we always had some good natured fights in the taverns and bars and among other units and groups that was secondary to the main mission. We also did this several times while waiting for the fleet to take us home at Bremerhaven.
Coincidentally the main focus of my short story was the All US Services martial arts tournament initiated by Po in Bremerhaven ostensibly as an entertaining distraction for the tens of thousands of US troops waiting to be evacuated by TF 34. Unsurprisingly the tournament ended with a full scale riot and was the catalyst for a number of deaths including one of Po's men and hundreds of serious injuries including to Po who was knocked unconscious by his female USAF security dog handler opponent during his tournament bout and left with fairly serious facial injuries. He recruited the dog handler a few days later and she has been a prominent NPC member of his unit ever since.

Quote:
And then I have mentioned my idea of a Tavern or Roadhouse or Inn on this group, the old group and the yahoo one. An inn of sorts in the wilderness that is left alone and considered a neutral area by both sides, although it gets tense at times. But hey it must be nice to go to a bar, see a Russian and not have to worry about having him run you over with his tank. Besides its a high priority intelligence position used by both sides who don't want to loose it. <And a good deal of blackmarketeering as well>
The Na Zdrowie in Krakow as described in the module The Free City of Krakow is just such a place. Of course if I was running such an establishment I'd come up with a funkier name, The Nuclear Fish Inn or something like that.