View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 12:18 PM

I made my own timeline which start roughly at the same time but with the war starting in 2011 (nukes falling from mid-2012 to fall of 2013) and things settling down around 2016.

My personnal opinion is mostly about the timeline. I find some qualities to it (actually I came up with some similar stuff). However, I find it too much focused on terrorism and i find some severe drawbacks.

The other weak point is about the equipments but that is from personnal taste. I like to have a wide range of equipments to draw on.

About rules, I have no real clue, I haven't read it and I'm growing tired of learning new rules. Nevertheless, I have seen some interesting points and a great advantage: they are not using the D20 system put up by Wizard.

Law might have been a little harsh when saying that it was amateur work but, actually, he is right also as one can consider the RPG community to be entirely made of amateurs (with some wrongly thinking of themselves as professionals/the sole exception probably being wizard of the coast). We are all amateurs around here, and I find that great. Some of us have great websites (they will recognize themselves) that I found more than valuable. Not to talk of this forum of course.

I'm answering a question I wasn't asked but that was one of the critics I had to face when editing my own game (being amateur) a few years ago. I found that funny coming from publishers who were making less money than the retail shop next door.

As a conclusion, let praise amateurs, they are doing a great job but, hopefully, that is open to critics. Anyway, from 25 years of role playing (Jesus time goes by) I only remember one rule: rules are merely made as guide; do and play as you please .