View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 PM

Just spent 15 minutes on Wikipedia schooling myself on US federal firearms regulations and what being a "Title II weapons collector" means. I envy those of you living in the US who are able to collect such firearms. Here in Australia unless you're a regular hunter of large animals it just isn't worth it to jump through all the hoops to own even a bolt action large calibre rifle.

I wouldn't consider myself a "gun nut" or to have any kind of unhealthy or "rambo" interest in firearms but I have a long-standing interest in military and paramilitary firearms and in shooting. I suppose eventually I might join a pistol shooting club but unless you're in the military or are one of a tiny number of qualified and licensed civilian aerial (helicopter) shooters, or fall into a few other highly restricted categories, you can forget about possessing automatic or even semi automatic rifles in any military calibre. Dammit.

Oh, and respect to you, buzzgunner. Marine EOD and firearms instructor, what a fascinating career you must have had.