Thread: What do u do?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 02:33 AM

Default yeah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Well, I suffer the eternal and very usual "Curse of the GM". As a good friend once told to me: "You will referee the games you would like to play". And here I am, "working" as a GM with three different groups. Always "in person", I don't know the experience of an online RPG game.
Usually I organize sessions of Traveller: TNE, Twilight:2000 (v2.2), GURPS (3ED) and, more sparsely, Star Wars (D6 system). GURPS only for ancient or medieval adventures or campaigns.
Although I have a few Twilight modules and I'm wishing to use it in an RPG session, I'm in the habit of write my own adventures and campaigns. A good source of headaches for me. And a good source of satisfaction, too.
too true --good saying .

Having alot of players for FtF is a scarcecommodity ( r/na )

happy that I got a good group.Would love to play as player though..

UPDATE : since 2009 our group has two campaigns running - General Pains megamercmayhem Merc:2000 campaign ,set in the present were our team battles supervillain-ish henchmen of evil cooperations and secret brotherhoods as well as run like H*** from the local cops .Think militarized genetic experiments gone wrong ,firefights that involve over 1000 rounds fired from the party alone ,characters that have been kicked out of the service from the SAS etc because of drunkedness,a Russian impostor of 82 years age ,occultism, and techno thriller elements .Happy to play in it .See myself as the only sane PC though ..

In addition our 6 year RL campaign that we jokingly run in a Tv -series "format" .We are now at S06E02 , and awaiting the release of S06E03 eagerly.All in all we have had atleast 70 sessions so far . It is a soap - in many ways - family drama and intrigue set in a postapocalyptic California were MilGov,CivGov,Mexican factions, secessionists,usurpers,traitors,militias,marauders AND the party with their various factions vye for power and prestige "Under a Burning Sun" .As a GM it has been demanding to keep track of records and count beans as well as having enough CPU to process info and make decisions .Onm the other hand our "out of scope game " has seen the players use the rules for naval combat,aerial dog fights,large unit warfare and strategic warfare as well as espionage ,skirmishes,big fights ,hand to hand combat,tank vs tank -you name it .As fortunes have risen and dwindled again we now stand at sotrt of a full circle - once again the party is alone,hunted,hungry and wounded in a more or less "Escape from Kalisz " like scenario.

thats what I /we do .

Me and General Pain also maintain a site with houserules,stats and pics of gear and weapons etc .

Last edited by headquarters; 04-27-2010 at 05:54 AM.