View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:17 AM

Default T2K NPC Templates in L'Argonauta

Bon dia!

We’ve produced a couple of Non Playing Character Templates for our web site. Although the site is in Catalan language, the NPC templates are in English. I have the intention, in the future, to translate some of the pages of the site to English language. I will keep you updated about this matter, if I’m able to find enough time to make the translations.

For the moment, I send you the link of the page where the NPC templates are. You will find some screenshots to verify if they are of your interest.

L'Argonauta, Twilight:2000 NPC Templates

You will find there are two types of template: A “Collective NPC Template” and an “Individual NPC Template”. The first is designed for low importance NPCs or for a group of up to eight members. So, it is thought for those NPC who don’t need much detail and that are treated accordingly to the damage rules for NPCs (version 2.2 of Twilight).

The second template is the “Individual NPC Template” for the more detailed NPCs, like important allies, enemies or contacts. The usual damage grid for the player characters are used, so we have thought that the Referee will use the normal damage rules applied for the playing characters.

Both templates share some characteristics. Both are available in .pdf format, as an automatic Excel form and as a “blank” Excel Form. Each download is a DIN 4 Sheet with three templates in each sheet.

The automatic Excel version deserves some explanations:
  • Selecting the combat level of the NPC will fill the following game parameters: Strength, Constitution, Agility, Initiative, Throwing Range , Load and Weight (this last accordingly with the selected gender in the gender space.
  • You can select the man-portable weaponry as listed in the Twilight:2000 v2.2 Manual. All the weapon characteristics will be automatically filled in their corresponding boxes. Small Arms, Melee Arms, Hand and Rifle Grenades, Rocket Launchers and Mortars are included in the dropdown list to be selected.
  • Assets are selectable through the dropdown lists in the corresponding boxes. Assets level must be assigned manually.
  • Injury levels are automatically generated for the Individual NPC Template.
  • Both type of templates include other spaces for additional information like notes, equipment, motivations, personality (or a picture in the Individual NPC template)
  • In the low spaces of the Collective NPC Template you will find the spaces for each member of the group to annotate a code for the member (we suggest to use the same code in your tactical map for easy reference, I f needed), their injurie,their ammo and their current initiative. So, as an example, the Referee can use one template to generate an infantry squad of eight members, choosing their assets and their weaponry. Then, in the lower boxes, he/she can specify that Alpha 1 is the leader and that Alpha 8 carries the machinegun, and take note of the ammo and injuries of each separate member.
  • Unarmed Combat Damage is assigned accordingly to the NPC Combat Level. But if UMA Asset is selected in the Asset reserved spaces, the level specified will then determine the Unarmed Combat Damage.
  • Some of the boxes are “protected” to avoid modifications caused by mistakes. Some are not. For example, the Attributes are not protected. In this way the Referee can adjust the Attributes beyond the levels specified by the rules for the “Combat Level”. Of course, this will “smash” the formula for that Attribute. So, it’s a good idea to keep an “untouched” template saved for any future use. Or download it from our site.
  • You can remove the protection of the NPC Templates. We have not pout any password.

And believe me: takes more time read this post that to begin experimenting with the templates.

In the future we will use these templates to generate the NPCs we use in our games. So, we will add a new section in our site with “Stock NPCs” I will keep you updated a new “ready to use” NPC will be available.

Please, feel free to use these NPC Templates as you find appropriate. Any suggestion will be welcome.

Downloads:

*Note: Fonts are included in the Excel Downloads, in case don't have them. Simply check that you cannot see any difference between the .pdf version and the Excel version.
Attached Images

Last edited by Marc; 12-04-2012 at 03:26 AM.