Thread: Twilight 2025
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 02:45 PM

I just saw this thread. I run a game set in 2030. I wrote the timeline in 2014. Some of it has come true, some not so much. I had the following:

-US/NATO war on ISIS changes balance of power in ME with Russia backing Iran and Syria and US backing the Gulf states (nailed that one)

-Renewed Cold War between US and Russia leading to US buildup in Europe and Western Europe rearming (on the way to nailing that one).

-Refugee resettlement driving Visegrad group into Russian camp (a stretch at this point)

-Chinese recession leads to increased unrest, more authoritarian govt, and increased militarization (swing and a miss)

-Russia rides high energy prices to rearm (strike two)

-The GOP controlled Congress overrides President Hillary Clinton's desire to cut military spending, instead voting to massively expand the US military to meet global threats ( Strike three!!!)

By the time the war starts in 2025 (just add 30 years to canon dates!) Poland splits between "white Poles" favoring NATO and 'red Poles' favoring Russia, Iran is in full revolution (pro Western and royalists backed by the US vs regime backed by Russia), France leaving NATO, anti-EU governments voted into power in Italy and Greece, and NK moving south and you have a fair semblance of the 2TK world updated and ready to run for your Gen Z sons.

They still laugh when I say "Soviet" though...