Thread: Lists
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
@nuke11, that is a great list, you saved me a lot of legwork (and perhaps the purchase of a book or two!). Now that we have that, let me expand the request a little:

Now that we have the canon list, are there any suggestions for teams or facilities that should be added or removed?

For example,

Power and water stations seem (to me) a bit of a waste. The Project needs to remain flexible, and putting power and water at fixed locations when you don't know where the populace will be and when Project assets already come with both seems like a big gamble. IIRC, TN-7 was in a ghost town... what are the odds that you have a significant refugee population in the desert?

Likewise, the psychological teams also seem like they would be a relatively low priority considering that years will have passed before you are able to help anyone. Considering that you have limited resources, do you really create teams for pysch help when they have more urgent need for water and food?

Conversely, small factories and machine shops would be HUGELY helpful. Above and beyond storehouses, the ability to go to a CNC mill and knock off replacement parts (perhaps for things not even in the Morrow inventory) would be very useful.

And Recon could use some genuine intelligence assets - perhaps the remains of the significant intel operation that must have existed prior to the war, trained specifically for those situations where you do not want to advertise yourselves as Morrow.

Any thoughts?

I am asking because I am trying to rebuild my idea of TMP, since my last version died unexpectedly with my hard drive earlier this year. As a GM I want a full view of the Project so that I can ensure that everything makes sense and so that I can improvise more easily. I am building a structure of the Project and want to make sure that I include everything that should (to me) be there and alter a few things that (again, to me) should not.
The power and water stations TN-6/7 are south of Prime Base. It has been a few years since I have read Desert Search, so I'm not certain at this point if they are standalone or are attached to Prime Base thru underground means. Joseph Benedetto would be the best to discuss what his ideas where around there inclusion. He can be reached thru this forum (not sure if he actively watches this) or thru The Morrow Project Facebook page. He always tried to include a number of different support bases and ideas in his modules for TMP.

I never understood the psychological team inclusion. I haven't figure out a use for them at the moment outside of Prime Base or a Manned Resupply Base.

The problem with factories is what kinds of things will it make, where does the raw material come from and where are they placed? Most bases are placed out of the way of potential targets and population centers in the game.

I always thought broadcast power transmission from a source in orbit to ground station or ground base to ground base thru the air was an interesting concept to add. Power transmission thru the ground (think Nicola Tesla) was also an interesting concept to add.