Thread: Lists
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke11 View Post
Using salvaged materials 5 years after WWIII could be a problem as they will most likely be radioactive, but I guess that would really depend on which version of the game 3rd or 4th.

But this does seem to be a big missed thing in all versions of the game. They seem to be planning for 5 years but actually thinking 150 years when writing. 5 years on most things will be radioactive, materials, vehicles, soil, etc.
I agree that there will be a lot of contaminated materials, but I still think that 5 years post-war there would be as much or more that is recoverable. Using the old rule of thumb that the radiation after a nuclear strike decays with a factor of ten as time increases with a factor of 7 (so at 7hrs you have 10% of the radiation as you did at 1hr), after 5 years you have less than 1/100,000 the radiation of the initial blast. I think the outskirts would have a lot that could be recovered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke11 View Post
Delta Base in R-005 Starnaman Incident is to have most things that would be required by the project in that area, so I'm not thinking they will be making things they need to replace stuff in the project. Definitely making parts for machinery that is currently not working, to help the locals get going for sure.
Delta Base has to have a finite quantity of stores, and it is not possible to accurately predict what you will need and in what quantity. They may well find (for example) that they need a lot more replacement wheels than they ever laid down in stores!