View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 01:57 PM

OK, back home now. Looking at the two maps in the SGUK I can't see any obvious major discrepancies between the two...the first map (the nuclear strike map) doesn't show any strikes on the entire island of Ireland but does have the disclaimer "Strikes in Eire Not Shown" (I can't be sure what context they are using Eire in - I always thought that Eire referred only to the Republic of Ireland, but I think we had a discussion about this on this board and one of the Irish members said that Eire refers to the entire island).

The second map (the general UK and Ireland map) again states that data for Eire is incomplete and that communities in parentheses were subjected to one or more nuclear attacks. That map shows Belfast and Londonderry as being rubble but not in parentheses, but I think that can be explained by civil disorder and the Southern Irish invasion.

I've read through the entire SGUK and can't see any reference to strikes under 0.5 mt not being shown - it maybe there and I've missed it...(the wording used in the BYB is "the following British Cities were subjected to nuclear attacks of greater than 0.5mt"). A number of places show on the second map as being intact, including Newcastle upon Tyne, Doncaster, Stoke on Trent, Leicester, Portsmouth, and Plymouth. In Ireland Dublin, Cork, Galway, and Limerick are all showing as intact.