View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield View Post
As I said, I have always taken the canon as a model, as have others. Its neat, but, as you say, it has flaws, not the least of which were the greater challenges of doing research in pre internet days.

Anyway, it's easily fixed. First, have the Vice-President killed by other means. Heart attack, or shelter they were taken to is nuked, etc. Or even the VP does survive. The main point is: how do you create an interesting succession crisis?

Some gms will not want one. Others will like it. I'm on the fence about it at the moment as I'm planning my campaign.
Personally, I do agree that it's not the most realistic - and its why if I ever run a game, I'm going to be working on it a bit - particularly because of all the info that has come out since the 90's in a book like Raven Rock, that shows how exactly something like this would have went down, in terms of succession - it's seriously an excellent book. Though its bit of SCOTUS leaves a bit to be desired... Actually, I don't think the Supreme Court is mentioned once in the books - though it's been years since I've truly read them.

Also dear lord - over 6 years since I posted that and this convo is still going strong.