View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 09:22 PM

As the Atlantis Project was supposed to operate a 100 years after the Morrow teams woke up they must have been operating under the assumptions that either A) There were satellites still in orbit to rebroadcast a signal or B) The Morrow Project would be able to launch another series of satellites to take up the slack from fallen or destroyed satellites during the intervening years. My money is on the Atlantis Project (sorry everytime I type it, I thing of the SG-1 spinoff) cryotubes being set on a timer to wake them all up roughly in the same time frame or there being another Prime Base to transmit a wake up signal.
I just don't think they had the needed rescources to do more than put band aids on without a logistics train coming from North America. Say imagine rebuilding Europe after World War II without the United States or Britian or Russia being involved in any way. No construction equipment, no fuel, no raw materials, etc, etc. It would have taken decades to rebuild rather than a few short years.