View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 04:47 AM

Default welcome aboard

about aircraft inT2K

Different schools I guess - most agree that there will be a lot of limitations on airpower in the setting - parts, specialized manpower, fuel and ordinance stockpiles all limit the scope of air war in T2K.

But some take another view - any airpower - be it simply an obsolete ,piston engine or ultralight observation plane that allow you to observe and thus control an area would give any military organization a huge advantage over a ground locked adversary.

n my humble opinion there would be an end to modern air war as we know it with advanced jets and cargo haulers with great ranges. ( On some levels these capacities would be retained - but only high or highest up in the command chain - I think)

But T2K sets up the scenario where local or regional warfare erupt all the time all over the globe. Some players are remnants of national states or provinces with a relatively advanced industrial capacity - some or mere city-state type entities with more limited resources- but the one thing most have access to is the biggest challenge in overcoming gravity - sufficient theoretical knowledge. In my view - be it ever so askew - any T2K society would be geard towards war and/or defense. A spotter plane could be built by a fairly small community - given that they have access to a few prerequisted resources - such as available food and manpower to spare as well as plans, scrounged parts etc.

If one city state put together a spotter plane or refurbish a crop duster to strafe ground troops - well given the prerequisits- it wouldnt take long until the enemy across the county did the same or made a fighter to take it down.

Low key- low tech aerial warfare would be back as what I am getting at. Access to existing parts to scrounge or refurbish might be absolutely necessary in some cases - but building an ultralight type diy project aircraft is going on in garages across the industrialized world in numbers as we speak

Here is a link to our aircraft docs - if you can use any of them in your game we would be honoured.

http://thebigbookofwar.50megs.com/DOX/Aircraft/