Thread: Oil in T2k
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
Just to be clear, that's the V2.2 canon only, correct?
Rainbow why dont you and your buddy Spartan go take a nice long walk somewhere else. Frankly its getting old.

Its released for V2.2 canon because thats what Marc wanted. It was originally written for V1 but he requested it specifically be written to conform to the V2.2 timeline and rules as he wasnt interested in releasing new canon material for the V1 timeline.

However as per multiple posts here by you and others comparing the two canon timelines once the war started the V1 and V2.2 canons are just about identical. Thus the events of 1997-2001 pretty much follow the same pattern irregardless of the canon.

So the events described in Africa can apply for both timelines after the war start just as easily. And the French moves into Africa including in Djibouti and elsewhere come from the information in the RDF V1 module - thus I conformed to both timelines with what I wrote.

You can see - if you had ever actually read it - that the character generation, animal descriptions, etc. all conform to V2.2. rules as per Marc. However there are V1 RDF characters and events mentioned in the timeline and in other areas of the book - i.e. once the war starts the two timelines are basically identical.

Thus to answer you - the events in Africa about the French trying to get oil refineries working again (and the damage that happened in the first place including the nuke attacks) is all after the war start and can apply to both timelines.