View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 06:07 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I hear you, and I don't disagree stridently. But with both factions present in large numbers, then whichever side the PCs pick, there'll be one more major potential adversary to factor in. IMO, there are enough bad guys in the region already. I very much like the idea of small, covert groups representing the "other" faction pursuing opposing agendas in the AO, though. -
I think we're on the same page here too. That's why I'd rather see competition and rivalry than outright warfare between American factions in the region. I'm trying to think of an appropriate espionage frenemy fictional equivalent and coming up blank, but... oh, hell, Locke versus Sabetha in the third Gentleman Bastards novel is the first thing that comes to mind.

(Part of that mix is also the Milgov guys trying to convince the Broward loyalists to abandon their sham of a Constitution-violating government, and vice versa. There's probably a bar in Belgrade or somewhere that's the designated neutral territory for those conversations.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
I concur. What I had in mind was the 173rd being loyal to Civgov, which fits with what's established in the ref's manual, namely that the Romanian partisan command had declared for Civgov, but that the DIA would have small units operating on the ground covertly.
This makes Milgov's recognition of Vlad all the more interesting, because they're propping up a potential rival to the partisans that the Broward administration recognizes.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson