View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
A closer read of what's stated in those pages, it seems to me that what's there is meant as a guide and not the "final word".
For example, the vehicle section comes across to me as quite clear that there are no hard-&-fast rules in place stating what vehicle the PC group "must" have, the Players discuss with the Ref if they can have a vehicle and what type of vehicle it will be is heavily reliant on what type of group their PCs are. If the group is from the US, the table provides a representative sample of some classes of vehicle they could get (civvy utility vehicle, military utility vehicle, APC, MBT)
There's a hell of a lot of implied leeway throughout the entire passage.
That sounds reasonable to me. Of the half dozen or so games that I've been involved in over the last few years vehicle allocation was only done by random roll in one of them, and even then it was from a list of choices discussed and agreed with the GM that were appropriate to those particular PC's.

Every other time we've discussed options with the ref and then selected vehicles that were mutually acceptable.