Thread: Attachment Map
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:05 AM

Thanks guys for the thoughts....I of course was (like most players/GMs) thinking of the possible adventures and importance of the NC Triad Region (Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point) in T2K timeline. The importance Strategically speaking of the area has definitely been something that we have always wondered about around here as we have always known that we were a Secondary Strategic Hit site- primarily due to our Tank Farm. Colonial Pipe Co. has had there farm here since the late sixties I believe and this is the finish line for their 2 mainlines pumped out of the Gulf Coast area, stored in the Tank Farm and then pumped out to other sources-in fact most of the fuel oil along the east coast as far as NJ/NY come from this Farm and it has a capacity in excess of 100 million gallons in all grades from crude to military and aviation/jet fuels. Needless to say if the nukes never fell on Ft. Bragg/Pope AFB or the Triad area, this could be a major point of interest-not to mention the large amount of trucking sales/service/repairs here (Volvo, Mack, International, Peterbuilt and Freightliner all have sales locations and repairs facilities also along I40), medical facilities (Wake Forest Medical/Bowman Grey Hospital in Winston and several Pharm. companies as well as a Convatec production facility here-they create advanced wound care materials), TIMCO Aircraft repair facility and the region is laced with hydroelectric and coal/steam power plants {Belews Creek is the largest in the country I believe} plants makes it an interesting area for creating a strong living/government/kingdom...anyway just thought I would get opinions...

Thanks-
Dusty