View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
In the authors defence, the book does detail the situation very late in the war when units have been shuffled, and reshuffled many times with equipment moved around, reassigned, destroyed and "creatively acquired".
So I'm thinking this would be common enough - what would be surprising in some ways is units late in the war that aren't using captured/repaired vehicles (esp support vehicles like trucks I'm thinking) and maintain either all US/German/NATO or all Soviet/Pact vehicles. Sure mechanics may be more familiar with their own side's technology etc, but the rules really don't make a distinction and the "ptachwork" nature of vehicles and groups is something that the "broke back" nature of central Poland would tend to encourage IMO.

I know they're arguably a later development, but I'd consider that "technicals" with light autocannon turrets etc would be more common than in the canon written a few decades ago as all the "soft-skinned" vehicles have much better Fuel Con values and actual tanks would be a relative rarity even after all the RPGs have been used up...

Just some idle thoughts while delirious at home with some virus LOL