View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 01:59 PM

Default From my time in the Sandbox

My thought that if you take care of the gear that you have it can last a long time, for example: I have twenty years in the Army, three deployments shortest was 14 months, longest was just over 18. I have several pieces of equipment that I took with me each time and still have. One example back in early 2000 I bought my self a Rucksac (CPF-90) and for the last 13 years of my military time I used it for almost everything. So I have had it now for more than 14years and todate have only had to replace two buckles. Other gear got used up quick, I went through three pairs of boots in the first year I was there, my uniforms were also falling apart, some of this was due to the fact that we were washing our clothing in a kiddy pool as there was no laundry facility, part was that we wer all over the place so it saw lots of use. My rifle was brand new when I deployed but I have no dought that it would last for many years, one of the guys in the area had an M16 from Vitnam time and it was still in use.

Now as to my list I will just go with the list as I remember it. I have no idea what the weight was but carried it day in day out.
Carried
M4 W/ Supprsor, TacLight, EoTech and one point sling with 16 Mags
M9 with 5 Mags
31" ASP Batton
2 Folding knives
Straight Blade
Bayonet
Vest
IFAK
Kevlar W/IR IFF, Blue/White Light, PVS-14
Gas Mask
Map and Compass
Knee Pad(s) (one most time, some times both)
5.56 and 9mm Boresnake
4oz bottle of CLP
Day/Night Flare
Extra 123a

Rucksack
Sleaping Bag
Wobbie
2nd uniform
6 sets underware
12 sets socks
12 extra (loaded) rifle mags
2 Beta C Drum (loaded)
Full rifle and pistol cleaning kit
Extra 123a

assault pack (hooks to top of rucksac)
4 IV's
8 IV start/Lock sets
16 IV Cathaders
4 KCD
10 Tagaderm
6 tourniquets
12 trauma dressings
1 C-Collar
1 VS-17
1 Drug pouch
Steascope
BP Cuff
Pulse Ox
Gloves
Band aids

other than food and water this is more of less that is what I carried each of my deployments, more than some less then others. The longer I was there the more ammo I carried. After my first deployment I did not carry any ammo not loaded in mags on me, did normaly carry a ammo can in the truck. I left in the arms room the M203 (hate that peice of junk), explosives were left in the truck.

Last edited by CDAT; 08-20-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Ran out of time, finshied it.