View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdusk View Post
Russian T-90 tank destroyed in Ukraine.

I'd love to know the story behind how this happened. Did the T90 rumble into view, & surprise an anti-tank crew who took an opportunistic shot?

Or was it seen a few days ago, and a Ukraine crew stalked it through the woods, before the kill shot?

Was it a one shot kill? Or many?

Did a soldier, or group of soldiers, have to act as bait?

So many backstories that fit our T2K world, and would be interesting to know.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ank-in-ukraine
Just to clarify, it was a surprise because it was the first known T-90M Proryv lost in Ukraine. Russia's lost at least 19 of the T-90A, which are an earlier variant (first ordered in 2005, while the Proryv was first delivered in 2020).

The best estimate of what happened that I've seen so far is that the Carl Gustaf shot hit one of the fuel tanks and started a fire in the rear of the tank, which spread until it set off the ammo carousel.

And here's where I note that Paul doesn't have the T-90M on his page, because of course I went to go check, and noticed the T-72B3 and T-72B3M are also not listed. (Also, the writeup on the T-90 implies the T-90A existed first and then the T-90S was a derived export version, when it's the other way around - the T-90S was sold to India in 2001, and then Russia bought the "export version" for themselves as T-90A in 2005).

The Vespers War - Ninety years before the Twilight War, there was the Vespers War.