View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsofian View Post
No wonder they let the colony happen. How did the project think the kind of people they hoped to attract could be put in that situation and not act?
I just wanted to point out, one of the purposes of training (almost ANY kind) is to hammer it into people that the right thing to do is not always what they want to do. Some of the nicest people I've ever known were doctors who got into medicine to help people, and yet these same people will strap people to beds and saw off limbs and pull the plug on someone they can no longer help. Despite being "the kind of people <medicine> hoped to attract", their training hammered it into their heads that winning the game takes sacrifice, and the moment you forget that you lose.

I think it is really underselling the Project and the game to say that the people they relied on most couldn't keep it together but that the players, at the bottom of the org chart, are going to somehow find the moral strength to bring the Project back from the dead. I don't see how to justify that.