View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbru
Unless you've been to the site it's hosted and read through the In Character thread you really can't make an informed opinion, so I suspect you don't know what you're missing out on. As to your point, the point of the journey is not the destination, but how you get there. We live in the same city, I could be role playing with you but from what I've learned of your campaign it holds very little interest for me. So absolutely, as you say, each to their own.
Nice. So I take it I shouldn't invite you to play in my campaign then? Such a pity.

Sadly you've misunderstood the gist of my post but actually it is my fault because I didn't explain it very well. The content of the campaign described isn't the reason I wouldn't want to play in it. I don't have any interest in playing in online games. The latter point in my post related to any campaign, not just that campaign. The GM in that campaign might be wonderful, the story gritty, fantastic. Good for the GM, good for everyone playing in it. I wasn't seeking to make an informed opinion about that campaign, I don't care about it enough. If everyone is having fun in that campaign that is the whole point and I'm not trying to convince anyone not to play in it.

I was responding to suggestions by some of the posters before me that the PCs had been set up for a fall and were bound to fail. If I recognised that in a campaign I was playing I would stop playing in it. That is all I was saying. Getting passive-aggressively personal, Badbru, and saying "well I wouldn't want to play in your campaign either" seems childish and has irritated the hell out of me.