View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 07:01 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
Still not seeing why this is a factor. MP vehicles aren't stock, and indeed many of the most important parts couldn't possibly be taken from civilian sources or even military sources, they would have to be stored and/or actively produced by the Project itself. Even if you could use civilian parts, you probably would not want to - that Gurkha probably tears through parts a lot faster than vehicles built from the ground up, but that isn't a big deal because it is not intended for frequent use and exists in a parts-plentiful world!
Which as you point out with Ford truck parts makes them even more uncommon........ I am just going to stop at Napa for a M1114 uparmored humvee transmission........

Ok, just as has been rationalized in some other parts..... Before there was a Morrow Project, there was a Morrow Industries. The material that equips the Project is manufactured or procured for the Project is done through real and shell corporations of Morrow Industries.

That rationale right there takes the limitations of really anything you want for your version of the Morrow Project.

So, it is entirely reasonable there is a F550 supply chain for these that a Project Team can get parts from a heavy diesel shop.

Quote:
As another side note, the F550 is only actually produced in a few places, and I worked for a network of Ford dealers at one point - those parts are not commonly available. They are actually kept in a relative handful of places, and the relative ease of getting them currently is a factor of our high-functioning transport network. Depending on that system is less realistic than having your own stored parts and manufacturing capability.
Which is exactly the same as equipping your Project with Strykers or Humvees........... Even less parts availability because I am not getting vision blocks, new hatch hardware, or the wiring harness equipment at the Flying J truck stop either.

So the rationale against the F550 makes the case even more so against Project owned military vehicles.

Quote:
The combat domain of the last 20 years is a big part of the reason I went with the Stryker when constructing a new campaign - vehicles impervious only to 7.62 are going to be frequently vulnerable to hostiles who can raid the local Gander Mountain for .50cal rifles and who can line the road with IED's.
I don't give my players these things because it is already damned hard enough to get them out of the V-150 to interact with the NPCs.

I have resorted to killing the V-150 in a game just to get them out of the can.