View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
I will look at the text of the module but, I would swear the maximum population was 500 and it was undermanned when the war started.
I just looked at the bedroom count and it is only 183.
Edit
Ok i found more details
Quote:
From the numbers given above it is possible to arrive at a figure for the total number of personnel the Base was intended to accomodate. The four residential Levels actually in use had space for 250 active and between 107 (optimal) and 214 (maximum) dependents. The grand total for the four Levels comes out to
either 357 (optimal) or 464 (maximum).

The three dormant Levels were nearly as large. There was room there for 198 actives and between 88 (optimal) and 176 (maximum) dependents for a total of 286 to 374 personnel of both classes.

Total Base capacity works of to 448 actives, and between 195 to 390 dependents. The maximum capacity of both clases is thus 838.

In point of fact, the lower or dormant residential Levels were never used, The Base entered the War with 247 active and 160
dependents. There were 407 people living in Prime Base when the War began.

I got my 1000 number from estimating staffing numbers and when I added families (which the module explicitly states are there) I thought it needed to support up to 3000. Communications alone had 200 stations, fire suppression says there are 4 members on duty at all time (needs 15 personnel to do that).

If they really had those numbers why in the world would they send anyone out in to the wild when they are so ridiculously understaffed. (This really belongs in the other thread about Prime's failure but it came to me here)

Last edited by kato13; 03-22-2015 at 05:53 PM.