View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieqo View Post
Damn, you broke the code. Yeah, I'm totally okay with the Project being outgunned by a national military (the Rich Five/KFS) and out-teched by a few groups. Thinking with your trigger-finger is (and should be in my opinion) a great way to bunches of folks dead in my games.

Having said that, I'm well aware that that's simply my style of play and doesn't invalidate any other style of play.

As to the 4th Edition, I haven't bought it yet, and the more I hear about it, the less likely a $50 investment becomes*. I like Chris and I wish him all the best; I just disagree with the direction he seems to have taken.

* Completely apropos of nothing, there would seem to be a "Fourth Edition Curse" among the RPG industry. The 4th Ed of GURPS sucks. The 4th Ed of D&D doesn't even bear mentioning. T4 likewise for us Traveller aficionados. Hell, even the 4th Edition of Call of Cthulhu ranks in my least favorites.
That $50 investment goes to keeping the company alive too. If like me. you would care to see new modules; and updated versions of the old modules.

I prefer the 3rd edition and that timeline too.... However, I admit to being in my 40s and just being nostalgic. I do think all the equipment can and should be updated simply because we have access to so much more information and material than the authors did at inception. Doesn't have to be upgraded to the latest 2014 edition but, the Humvee was adopted in the 1980s.