Thread: War Dogs...
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPo View Post
I think Targan gains a little perverse pleasure from putting clouds around any silver linings that may ever so briefly sparkle
I learned from the master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPo View Post
More recently though Po has been having trouble with animals. I'm not entirely sure whether it relates to some kind of curse or possibly due to his high levels of 'bad karma' (part of our eclectic religion rules) but for some time now no animals will come within about 50m of Po and when forced to they become overwhelmed with panic or aggression. This actually has worked quite well in the ruins of New York as it keeps the rats away.
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that.

We use a modified version of Harnmaster's religion rules for those characters that have a faith or belief system. Po is a Buddhist so he has a Karma score instead of the usual Piety score. Some of the Catholic PCs and NPCs have used the religion rules to attempt to call for divine intervention in the past.

The funniest thing for me about Po being a Buddhist is that he knows he isn't a very good one.

I will neither confirm or deny whether Po's animal fear effect is due to his negative karma level or a curse but I suspect he knows which it is.