View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louied View Post
dude uk,

I also have a pretty detailed listing for the Royal Corp of Transport, alot of it gleaned from this book which is excellent

I have that book too, very detailed but once again thank you for another compiled list.

You mention the staff officers hanbook '88, anyway to get a hold it? What sort of document is it? Its supposed to cover all units of the British army?

Currently over the Christmas holiday's (if I get a chance!) to I'm going try to get ORBATS for the Royal signals, RAMC and the RMP at least partially done. I have managed to get the Royal pioneer corps done and will write up a list if you are interested?

As for new units, I have re-raised 4th battalion 'Queens, Royal fusiliers and Light infantry. Its the only way to make the numbers work. Both 6th Air mobile (Really 24th air-mobile) the Berlin Brigade and the 6th division are listed without their composite units.

The following regular units are however missing from the UKSG orbat

1st and 2nd Scots Guards
1st Grenadier Guards
1st Irish Guards
1st Coldstream Guards
The Royal Hampshire Regiment
The Worchester and Sherwood Foresters Regiment
The Cheshire Regiment

1st King Edward VII's Own Gurkha Rifles (The Sirmoor Rifles)
1st and 2nd 6th Queen Elizabeth's Own Gurkha Rifles
1st and 2nd 7th Duke of Edinburgh's Own Gurkha Rifles

One thing that is not considered by the twilight team and one thing only considered by myself until recently, is how many units or battalions are going to cease to exist by 2000? The nuclear strikes on NATO forces in Eastern Europe and the attacks on the UK mainland surely a few battalions or regiments would be destroyed as effective fighting units? The British army likes to pride itself on the fact that as long as someone wears the cap-badge the regiment exists, but against an ICBM?

Colour Sergeant Bourne: And a bayonet, sir, with some guts behind.

Last edited by dude_uk; 12-07-2010 at 11:25 AM.