View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 12:21 PM

The Cheshires and the Royal Hampshires are listed in the Challenge article on Canada as spending the War in Canada alog with two German Battalions. Personally I've always thought it's a bit unlikely that so many troops from two major belligerent nations would stay in Canada but I suppose one can justify it by saying there were shipping shortages or such like...

I have nuked a few units in my work...most of the London based Guards Bn for a start (in my T2K World 2nd Bn, Grenadiers; I "saved" one Company, who were with the Queen at Sandringham when London was nuked)...also one of the regular Bns assigned to 2nd Inf Bde, who caught it when Dover and Folkestone were hit...the resident Gibraltar Bn...a second Guards Bn in the 1998 strikes (the Windsor based Bn, 1st Coldstreams imT2KW). Also several of the home defence TA Bns...3rd Cheshires and 4RRW but there may be others, and that's just the Infantry...

I've also amalgamated several Bns...for example 3rd and 4th Yorks, who both take a pasting in the 1998 strikes amalgamated into one Bn, (which is reinforced by Italian POWs held at Catterick and judged to be pro NATO). I've also amalgamated several of the 2nd Inf Dvn's TA Bns, e.g. 5 and 7 RAR.