View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:02 PM

I tend to take official committee type reports with a grain of salt. They're usually commissioned by a politician (or group of them) with an agenda with the results often skewed to fit.

Going back to the actual research documents, those written up by the scientists who actually did the tests, tends, at least in my opinion, to give a truer indication of the possible effects.

Everything I've been able to find from the horses mouth so to speak, says everything is going to be effected, ESPECIALLY more modern, hi tech electronics. Not having read the committee's report (I'll get to it though once I've some time), I still expect based on the excerpts posted thus far, that the findings are based on flawed research.

Perhaps those responsible for the report have an interest in the car industry? Perhaps having the majority of cars off the road will assist them in some way (maybe they've got shares in one of the major manufacturers for example).
Perhaps they've got a far more immediate interest in improving the infrastructure (shares in traffic light manufacturing companies)? Who really knows?

Regardless, research has shown that as a rule of thumb, the more modern a device, the more hi tech, light weight and delicate electronics (and electricals) involved, the more vulnerable it is. Therefore, don't expect your I-pod to work but your old 1980's walkman might....

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem