View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 11:08 AM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45cultist View Post
So enough for another "Twilight Nightmares" book.
Perhaps. A quarter-century of World of Darkness work makes me think I could do a decent job of it. I'm not sure it would sell enough to justify a commercial release, though, and I have several other things in the hopper that I think would sell better and be received better.

(Sales in this market and to this audience being, of course, relative. As of right now, Pacific Northwest has moved 363 copies, the majority of those sales occurring within the first month of its release. By comparison, the best-selling print project on which I was the solo or primary author was the revised edition of Clanbook: Assamite. That sold out two print runs of 10,000 copies each over its lifetime. But the market at the turn of the millennium was entirely different, and I was an entirely different writer then.)

(The original Twilight Nightmares ranked in the bottom 40% of GDW's customer opinion survey. The print run was 7,113 copies. On DriveThru, it's a gold seller - between 501 and 1,000 copies.)

(Edits: Grammar, clarity, and more parentheses.)

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson