View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 12:05 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Langham2 View Post
* Not all the foreign born dependents will want to go - woried over danger of travel, uncertainty and uprooting - things may be bad here but is the US worse?

* Was enough provision made for them in Op Omega?

* Was there a PERCEPTION there was enough space - unlikely as troops did not think there was space for them.
Again looking what was said before most dependents would be sent back to states before or soon after the shoot war starts.

Many More might be change their minds and leave as the war goes on. Don't forget many families have members that survived WWII, with city bombings, battles in the streets. These families members might urge them to leave while the getting is good.

War time marriages are another possibility but with fast pace of modern warfare with "here today gone tomorrow "and the army need to fill out loads of forms I don't that happening in large numbers.

Bottom line up front is that I see very few members staying with families back in Germany.

What I see happening and this make for a great NPC encounter, is lone solider separated from his unit weary of the conflict. Finding a wife and settling down somewhere (Poland) and taking up farming, repair work, cheese making etc. He of course be single with no family or love ones waiting back in the states.