View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester
And we must remember, the Russians don't have a long history of well aimed accurate fire by their troops, mostly especialy with the adoptation of he Kalashnikov design its been mostly full auto bursts, so, saturation of the target area with volumes of lead and hope the law of probability works.
I might be wrong but who does outside of a small number of highly trained troops in every army? B-52's dropping bombs over the wider possible area don't make me dream of accuracy. Moreover, each time we are aiming at a target we end up blowing the entire area, often including our own forces.

A common joke has been that if you want to survive an American attack, you must remain at the target center. Don't take it bad, I'll say the same about everyone, Russian and French included. Of course, I won't be honest and I'll argue that the French are the best soldiers in the world . In fact, reality is that we don't have what it needs to shell the entire area so we are often forced to use more precise tactics, much to the dismay of our generals.

In my opinion (again only an opinion) what you describe has been the general worldwide strategy since the American Civil War.

Last edited by Mohoender; 10-28-2008 at 08:13 AM.