View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
Isn't that a pretty widespread conspiracy theory in the US? That there is a plot by the UN to step in and take away Americans' freedoms by taking away their guns? I have to tell you, as a non-American whenever I hear those sorts of conspiracy theories I feel simultaneously amused at the ridiculousness of it and horrified at how worked up some people seem to get when they believe it. I get visions of Charlton Heston in my head - "...from my cold, dead HANDS!".
IMHO there are enough people in the US who want to take our guns away. We do not need the UN to cause any problem. I am NOT a member of the NRA. But I do believe in my right to own a gun for my self defense. I do not believe that the Second Amendment to the US Constitution says that I am guaranteed a fully automatic weapon. I do, however believe that my rifles and shotgun are MINE.

I know how to use a weapon. I believe I know WHEN to use a weapon. Thank God I have never been put into a situation where I needed to use a weapon. I did come close one night because of the sickening NOISE in my house. It turned out to be nothing, but I was prepared and willing to use my gun to defend my wife from whatever was on the other side of that NOISE.