View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 12:23 PM

When T2K was written the Rangers and Special Forces didn't work together like they do these days. The Rangers in the 80's were looked upon more like shock troops with a individual role to play. When terrorism and other brush wars began popping up in the 90's the connection began changing as the various commanders realized that the two groups had good synergy. I don't know when but at a certain point they reworked the Rangers operational MO to where they became the main support force for Delta and Special Forces missions.

If my memory serves me right the incident in Mogudishu (Black Hawk Down) was the pivotal incident that prompted this change of operational structure and role Rangers.

I know that the Rangers have often been a supportive unit for Delta (Iran Hostage rescue and Grenada) I don't believe the military had the kind of tight knit command structure and operational guidelines like they do and have had in the last decade.

Again, my mind is real fuzzy on this info right now so I could be completely wrong.