View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
Thanks both for your comments.

James, thanks, appreciate your suggestions. I'll rewrite the section on MBT's to incoporate your points about the Chieftain. I should have also mentioned that my Options still has the RAC Squadron in Berlin using the Chieftain. I'm undecided about the Marksman at the minute (on the subject of air defence I also need to take a closer look at the Starstreak HVM). I'm actually tempted to write a separate article on British MBT's in the Twilight War (Chieftain, Chally 1, and Chally 2) but I'll need to do some more research for that. I'll look into the Falcon engines as well...it's a good idea, but as far as I know Falcons have only ever had US manufactured engines...maybe a deal to produce an engine under licence might be an option.

Good point re: the HSF...I should have picked up on that. I'd no idea the Mountain and Arctic Warfare Cadre had assumed 41 Commando's traditions, but what you suggest makes sense to me. I'll include something in the text of next draft to that effect.
As I said - no point in repeating my mistakes.

Just to warn you I'm working on British tanks at the minute, you may want to wait and nick any useful ideas!

As a note the Berlin Brigade had some FV432s converted with Fox (?) turrets to make surrogate AFVs. These were the only ones converted. As I'm (mainly) using version 2.2 I don't have a Berlin Brigade so I've not got a lot on info on it to hand.