View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 01:22 PM

Well, my intital thought was that the goal of the entire operation was the expansion of the territory under French control, not returning to the pre-war frontiers. Gaining as territory as France could keeps safe, without the eruption of a major confrontation. And if conflict erupts with military cantonments or more organized areas, take it one by one, trying to avoid the formation of an anti-French coalition.

In my opinion the use of certain kind of propaganda will be useless with a hungry population, hardened by war, disease and the fight for the available resources. I can visualize the characters of this hypothetical French special contact group standing before the inhabitants of a semi-destroyed German village. People are waiting to listen the words of the soldiers of what remain of the civilized Europe, with a mixed feeling of hope and disbelief. Then one of the Frenchs turns to the other and whispers: "Must we begin with all the stuff about Carlus Magnus, sir?"

As Mo said, the idea of rebuilt the prewar collaboration between Germany and France will be the strong point, emphasized by the relatively untouched capacity of France to provide the needed resources, if we compare it with the rest of the European countries. Anyway, for the interest of the campaign, the initial French plan can have major problems that the units must solve on terrain. Perhaps the French High Command has given to this special units a kind of "Red book about how to treat the citizens of the beleaguered nations". This booklet could be plenty of trivial information, a few good advises and some major weak points written by someone who is very far away from the place where the men and women in charge the operation use his or her book. Each unit would adapt the directives to reality to maximize the chances of success.

Anyway it can be funny to imagine the contents of such a book an include some misjudgment about the real situation to complicate the things to the characters.

BTW Any idea about the composition of the group of characters and the equipment they would have at the beginning?