View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 10:26 PM

The problem also is we never see any evidence of a B-Team. Lets look at Ruins of Chicago, the A-Team was outright on its own and essentially had no back up. This says to me one of two things, Snake Eaters are thin on the ground and the number of volunteers was also pretty small. Which it should be when the terms for recruiting are veteran lonely SF's that won't be missed. So this says to me that the plan was for those Cryo'd A-Teams to be serviced by surviving B-Teams, and not ones that were into Cryo. In fact in every instance we see of Snake Eaters showing up there either alone with minimal supplies or operating as a team but with no visible support but what they gather themselves. I think they had plenty of volunteers myself, but to cover the whole US and Canada required spreading those troops out to such a degree that they could only field A-Teams and just give them plenty of spares to draw upon rather than have a B or C-Team to draw upon.

I use Nike missile bases as a example as most were in fact abandoned by the late 70's and most were in fact not on military bases but placed in farm fields or small compounds that were well away from everything. This in fact works in there favor as those small compounds were well away from a nuclear strike zone and probably wouldn't be targeted as they were known to be abandoned facility's. The added advantage of the missile silo's themselves being buried also helps with only the radar stations being above ground and usually well away from the Nike launch silo's themselves, in fact one or two radar stations usually serviced several Nike Silo's. Today most of the bases were in fact in my area given over to developers or schools and had parking lots or housing built on top of them by the mid 90's. And quite often they didn't even dig them up but just built on top of them. The one I explored was abandoned smack dab in the middle of a patch of tree's in a huge farm field and the only reason I found it was google maps! Sure they could fire a nuke at them, but a airburst wouldn't affect them much and would be essentially targeting civilian farmlands or empty forestlands.

Cache wise I see plenty of small and a few large ones being set up as well, but were primarily filled with ammo and weapons and next to nothing else in the smaller ones and larger ones containing the same but with the occasional addition of a vehicle or two.