View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
the way i usually run things is that the government has a rough idea what the Morrow Project is doing and freezes the A-teams to provide insurance. the government doesn't trust the morrow project to perform as advertised and wants their own people on hand to keep the project honest. this would also allow the teams enough flexibility to assist with reconstruction efforts since A-teams would have the majority of the needed skills to carry out such a mission.

this provides the government with a plausible reason to freeze a small number of snake eaters while not taking direct actions against the project. as for equipment i would likely issue them surplus WW2 equipment from Civil Defense caches because those weapons are known for their durability and because such caches would be quite heavily stocked.
Any time I have played or run a game, any Snake Eaters are used exactly as Bobcat portrays. They are an ACE in the hole (pardon the pun) to ride heard on TMP IF NEEDED. IF your team is acting as it should, helping others, staying OUT of the local politics, then any SE who looks this over will be glad to help. And any Morrow team that gets a SE on their side should get down on their knees and thank GOD for the insight a SE will add. IMHO a SE should ONLY be played by the GM or, if you are lucky, a person who is/was a SE.

As far as equipment, I think the M14's as portrayed in Chicago are an EXCELLENT weapon. Can be Auto/semi auto/single shot. 7.62 or 30-06 if you prefer is a MAN KILLER. I would have thought the SE's would have had some kind of vehicle. If for nothing else, to help bring in a harvest for the locals. I can see the SE's leaning towards 2 1/2 ton trucks, or M113's at BEST. These men are EXPERTS at unconventional war. The only use of a vehicle is to help locals. A SE will be much better at stealth and surprise.

Time to get off of the soap box.

My $0.02

Mike