Thread: GURPS Questions
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 PM

Weswood, Copeab is quite right. Although I've switched over to 4th ed, 3rd ed is still a good game and it is very liberally supported in terms of rulebooks and background material.

You can try securing a copy of Gurps Lite for 3rd ed and using that with Gurps WW2 lite. These are quite enough to get you up and running for a few intro games so you can decide whether or not you are ok with gurps for the long run.

Or, you can try downloading 4e lite and try it out first to see if it works for you.

As to using gurps in the t2000 setting, I managed to download a gurps 3e twilight 2000 conversion sometime back. It was a PDF file with quite an extensive detailing of gear, vehicles and even character stats (civilian pre-war careers included) all made out in 3e. I'll go check my hard drive tonight when I get home and see if I still have it. I also recall that an update of the same document (or something very much like it) was made for the 4th ed. In any case, I'll try to secure both and email them to you if you want them. I'm not sure if they are still available on the net (they are fan-generated documents) and I've lost the site from where I got them.

If you are after a system that allows post WWIII characters running into "weirdness" then Gurps allows this a lot. There is really no limit to how far you want the weirdness to go. It's a strength of the system.