View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 06:01 PM

While it is true that the canon material does not mention regional command bases. From a logical, organizational stand point there has to be some kind of intermediate level in between the field teams and Prime Base. After all, not every problem requires the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs or the CEO to make the decision (LOL)!

This is my own view of how the Project is organized, your views may differ!!!

There is both a Prime Base and an alternate Prime Base that is frozen. Going with the amount of surveillance that the USSR/USA pulled on each other, any major dig had the chance of being observed and maybe pulling a ICBM or two. So Prime Base was dug in the Nevada high desert and Prime Alternate was located in a closed down "salt" mine. This was done to test both proposed methods. I have always felt that CoT would have some sort of pipeline into the intelligence agencies, so there would be some way to check on if the Russians had any knowledge of "something going on".

My Project covers Canada, the US and the northern states of Mexico. There are ten Regional Command Bases sited to support operations. Each RCB has 75-125 personnel. These are NOT field teams, these are the C3I, technicans, and research personnel. Any equipment they have is for their own use. They have access to the wake-up codes and locations of all teams, caches and supply bases in their area of responsbility only.

In addition to the RCBs, each region may have several Combined Teams, these are groupings of 2-12 different teams, charged with a specific mission: safeguarding and reactivating a nuclear power plant; securing a data storage site etc.etc.etc..