View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

I don't think you're getting the reason for 'refugee camp-in-a-box' that the supply cache concept was about...

The Recon team is suppose to go out and look around and send back reports to higher ups, telling them what they've found. But they will also need to be able to show that they can do SOMETHING for the people they've encountered during their missions.

Having a few luxury goods for trade is nice, but in the long run the people will see the project as nothing but 'good time boys and girls' who are focusing on lofty ideals and passing around the booze.

The idea of these supply caches would be to allow for the Recon Teams to set up a camp that would be used as not only a refugee camp, but also as a fledgling community that would attract the people with the skills needed to rebuild the Republic in the long run.

These camps would also be something of a way to boost morale, as anyone who has ever dealt with the government can tell you. Government recovery efforts SUCK. And notice the capitalized letters in the world "SUCK"... How long did it take to respond to Katerina? Yes that was due to the Local and State level of the chain dragging their feet and screwing around. The neighboring States (and hell cities) around Louisiana and New Orleans bounced back a hell of a lot quicker than New Orleans... Who basically had to rely upon FEMA to put things back together for... And even today we are seeing the waste and screw ups on how those resources were being used.

The Project would know this fact, and be planing for a way to use it to their advantage.

3 to 5 years post-TEOTWAWKI Event, FEMA would still be so totally overwhelmed that they would be so mortarboard that they wouldn't really know were to start to focus their recovery efforts.

By giving Recon Teams the ability to throw up refugee camps that woulds become the Core Communities of the Recovery effort would allow the FEMA resources to be deployed to where they are needed.

IE, the Project would be the Kick-in-the-Pants to get the recovery effort underway.

FEMA has the power to dragoon people as 'Human Resources' and put them anywhere they want. Even if that means breaking up families and putting people with the skills they need into places where they need them.

This alone would cause rebellions popping up all across the FEMA run camps. But a Project camp would do everything they can to keep families together, and thus have better morale and NOT needing heavily armed security to keep the peace (and keep the people in the camps from rebelling due to the fact that Mommy has been shipped to California and Daddy has been shipped to New York City because Mommy is a baby doctor and daddy is an engineer).

if you don't think FEMA has this power, please check it out. It's one of their questionable powers, that people who are Veterans or who work (or have worked) in the DoD are exempt from.

And is the source of the 'Displaced Person' program that has evolved into a form of slavery that created the problem that has risen with the New Confederacy...

The Project is a non-Totalitarian solution to FEMA and it's heavy handed way of dealing with mass emergency conditions.

And by giving Recon Teams the ability to be a hands-on recon of the area, and having the ability to put up a refugee camp WHERE NEEDED RIGHT NOW, is better than them just saying... We can help you sometime in the next three to six months. Even if the camp they can build would comfortably take care of 300 families for a set time, they can support larger numbers in the short-term necessitating them getting resupplied by FEMA or Regional support bases.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.