Thread: Combat Rules
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 06:03 AM

Default initiative

in our group is viewed as the synthezis of balls,brains,presence of mind,chutzpah,courage,self control or what you might call it regarding combat .

If they try to do something counterintuitive like running INTO a burning building to get a shot with the RPG at the tank , then an initiative check is mandated -quite possibly modified by a penalty if the task is indeed extreme .(diving into a pool of sharks in a feeding frenzy to get the mission objective doohikey at teh bottom for instance etc etc .

I like the idea of a willpower stat to determine if the PC CAN stay away from the gorgeous woman who is potentially a decoy at the end of the bar or -in our campaign - manage to stay off the substance that he is abusing for long enough to be sober at the firefight etc etc .

AS initiative progresses I run fewer tests though,6 means that you are unafraid or at least collected and with wits about you when it goes down imho.When they have 5 or 6 I dont see the need to roll unless they get into something weird or unknown or totally suicidal .

Running from cover in a fight -I dont roll if the PC have a 5 or 6 .Less than that -maybe .