View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
Not necessarily, the messages were being sent at random times, on random frequencies, then it would be hard for Krell to intercept. My understanding of the Krell time is that they were sent from the Krell centre of power to destroy Prime Base. This would argue for a small team that was not equipped to remain in the area after the nuke went off. Krell would then have to move radio intercept equipment into the region to triangulate any radio transmissions. Would Krell have been able to do this for any amount of time?
The flip side of this is they have to be broadcasting 360 and at relatively high power. Even if the transmissions are fairly infrequent sooner or later that many transmissions will get someone interested. I'm not sure if they are on random frequencies. The signal has to go all the way to the coasts from PB. I can't see any way the sending unit has any idea where the team they are sending to is, so they will need to use maximum power and send on a frequency that will reach that far.

Your idea of a distributed group of transmitters would help, but they will still be pretty close to each other and would give a fairly close fix.