Thread: Damocles
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 06:27 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
The issue, as I see it, is how Damocles would be used to give orders to Project/Snake Eaters in the field, the only way I can see this is if Damocles is provided encryption keys and passwords to access the team's security commo. Provided the correct protocols are provided, then Damocles can be used to give orders to the field teams. However, these orders would have to follow the established format, hence the orders directing the team to search for a nuclear warhead at a certain lat/long should have warned the team that their commo was comprised since the team's AutoNavs do not provide lat/long info.

If a newly awakened Snake Eater team, tried contacting their B-Team and had no response, but someone identifying itself as the C-Team comes up on a known freq, with matching encryption, provides a correct password to 'confirm' it's I'D and advises the ODA that SIGINT reports a possible Morrow team at grid xxx/nutty, and orders the ODA to conduct a reconnaissance, but not to contact, why would the ODA question this order? It's been authenticated, and matches the ODA's pre-War planning.
Agreed. Though I think some of the problems is that you and I have experience with Communications Security and a CEOI doing authentications on Secure Radio Networks.

Not something the average gamer has ever encountered.

Probably a write up of this military doctrine is in order. If only to clarify our point.