View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
AD&D in the wilderness isn't about recovery...

I dont know..seems to me that say should a MP Science team come to a village and bring it out the chaos, why couldn't they overcome those setbacks.

Again leadership is key.
There are a lot of things working against a MP Science team in the scenario above.

General Lack of trust of Outsiders. It has been a rough century on those who were open to trust strangers.

Specific Lack of trust. Rogue Morrow teams, marauders using stolen equipment, and the disinformation campaigns of the KFS propaganda divisions all have made Morrow look bad in the past.

Their story sounds crazy. "Yeah right, you were born 185 years ago".

Purely altruistic acts also seem crazy in such harsh world.

You add to that the intrigue of a town leader who likes the level of control he has and doesn't want these outsiders rocking his very stable (and profitable) boat and you are well on your way to a good adventure.

Once they make it past that, the town can incrementally increase what they do, but you are not going to build Rome overnight.

Edit.

I was thinking of modern day examples. If you sent a special forces A team into a village that had maybe 15% literacy, what could you have them produce in under a year. Revolvers is about the limit I see.

Last edited by kato13; 03-20-2014 at 02:30 PM.