View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 05:30 PM

Default USP

Ach, thats nice! You could build a whole almanach like that!
Bah! - please post more (saliva dripping... disgusting sight!)

I do a similar thing (not as detailed, as your stuff, though ), using the UPP-format from Traveller. Bit changed, but a necessity; i have to "filter" each module for pure facts and story, before i get my players killed in well described localitys...

The "Universal SETTLEMENT Profile" comes from the planetary-descriptions, reduced to infrastructure, population-numbers, government-types, lawlevel and techcode.
I sometimes use some stuff from the (pretty old) "World Builders Handbook" (Digest Group) and the government-codes from TNE (leadership-corruption, -paranoia, -talent, etc.). AND of course the V.2 descriptions. All good stuff, i can advice to any GM.

Edit: Almost forgot about the Megatraveller/TNE-Module "Hard Times"; they had a part about changing the above codes by apocalyptic events (how much depletion of population, shifting of government to more opressive law, and so on), which i use for "instant recent history" of any smaller settlement. That way i come up with an explanation/background-info what exactly made a specific place a deserted ruin, or an isolated, fanatic group, etc. (Or is the place full of traces from chemical contaminants?).

I like that you implemented a little hint about the attitude of the actual leaders, too ("sociable, but somewhat greedy")!
The Krakow-Module gave me a good idea how many factions can actually be in one place, giving it much more adventure-options, than just one "unified block" of NPC´s. When i have enough time, i prepare the main NPC-Leaders and their hunchbacked followers, to have some "real" people to meet.
In most cases i make pic´s of all of them with "Heromachine", to have an "actionfigure"-playerhandout to show. But that could easily be another thread...

Last edited by Tombot; 07-19-2011 at 04:03 AM.