View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 01:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
If you are going to have a security patrol running around a base, then you would want vehicles that blend into the local background, and you would want them to look as disreputable as possible. I feel that outside of an urban environment, SUVs don't fit that bill. For all the hype about them being "sports utility", most SUVs have poor off-road perfromance, and restricting your patrols to roads would leave a lot of ground uncovered. A battered pickup, complete with rust stains, bondo, mud and maybe carrying a collection of battered tools and a ladder, would tend to be more "back ground noise", especially if the crew matched the appearance. Most people tend to look for obvious security, a grounds keeper, running a mower would almost pass unnoticed.
Having grounds keepers as security works perfectly during pre-TEOTWAWKI for the project. and would be something they'd definately be doing. I was talking about post-TEOTWAWKI Event. Having equipment used by the Council of/for Tomorrow and their PMC security available for the Project's specialty teams to present as much of a non-threatening appearance as possible, but also having some kind of authority by their appearance.

Dodge Durangos and other Dodge trucks have been used by most of the military & law enforcement when it comes to auxiliary support vehicles for decades... so they might be a good model to use for that.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.