View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:03 PM

I see your point, Leg, although I think it's overstated and also a not very veiled attack on certain other members of the board.

I see it less of a case of Munchkinism which is definitely a pejorative term but one of a difference in scope in a campaign. Some people like playing up the dirty, nitty, gritty feel of a very bleak TK2 environment whilst others like to play with a more sweeping effect on the game world.

Neither is right or wrong. I would prefer to couch it in terms of High and Low Fantasy play rather than Realism/Munchkinism as it suggests a different but equally valid way of playing rather than an I'm right and you're wrong stand-point.

I have played in a variety of High/Low style TK2 games and have enjoyed both equally.

I will be honest, Olefin's description of his campaign strikes me as very much on the High side of the High/Low spectrum but I have no problem with that.

As a gamer, I say as long as he had fun playing it it is as valid as any other game played and as a story-teller I applaud his group for telling a hell of a fantasy story. Which is after all, what we are talking about, a fantasy game set in an alternate universe designed for people to have fun playing.

If you genuinely want a debate, I'd suggest couching your proposition in less loaded terms rather than simply trying to score points through the back door.